Saturday, May 10, 2008

Beach Clean-up/Party





I went to a "Mom's night in" last night and stuffed myself full of vegan nachos and home made vegan ice cream. It was a fun night but I had to wake up and get going right away this morning for a beach clean-up with Athena's school. The highlight of the clean-up was riding in the lifeguard truck. They drove us about a 1/2 mile down the beach and then we walked back to our starting point cleaning up little bits of trash. Very little bits. We were possibly on the cleanest beach in town, Chris thought it funny that we threw all of these bits into a giant plastic bag, way larger than any of the trash we found. BUT, I still think we were instilling good values in our kids and got to talk about taking care of our oceans, etc. Athena was really into using the little trash grabber tool and was quite skilled at picking up the little bits.
We went straight from the clean-up to a FABULOUS b-day party at the Humane Society. Athena has already told me that she wants her 5 year old party to be there. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera and diaper bag at the party so I can't share any cute pictures yet. I promise they exist though and at least I know my diaper bag is safe and sound. I thought Chris grabbed the bag as he usually does when I'm carrying the baby, but, well, that didn't happen. Anyway, Chris is out grabbing some last minute ingredients for the Mother's Day waffles I requested, I mean suggested.

1 comment:

The Little Mama said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!
I've been catching up on your blog, and you have been one busy momma!!!
I hope you have a great day, and get treated like a goddess!! :)