Saturday, May 03, 2008

Cinnamon (Swirl) Muffins


These cinnamon swirl muffins have the perfect texture and a light taste. Athena and Rowan loved them. I subbed applesauce for OJ because that is what I had, and added a handful of oats just because. I will definitely make these again. I didn't actually have time to swirl them with a toddler and preschooler hungry and at my heels, but they are still a little swirly naturally. I love that they use agave instead of sugar to sweeten them, a much better choice and my children don't seem to mind at all.
I also made the banana muffins from The Joy of Vegan Baking, and while they tasted fantastic, they have A LOT of sugar. I will make them again for sure but maybe not as often. My kids preferred the cinnamon ones while I prefer the sugary banana ones. They both have a place in my recipe file now though under "darn good muffins".

No comments: